8 issues skipped by the security teams:
- CVE-2018-13112: get_l2len in common/get.c in Tcpreplay 4.3.0 beta1 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (heap-based buffer over-read and application crash) via crafted packets, as demonstrated by tcpprep.
- CVE-2018-17580: A heap-based buffer over-read exists in the function fast_edit_packet() in the file send_packets.c of Tcpreplay v4.3.0 beta1. This can lead to Denial of Service (DoS) and potentially Information Exposure when the application attempts to process a crafted pcap file.
- CVE-2018-20553: Tcpreplay before 4.3.1 has a heap-based buffer over-read in get_l2len in common/get.c.
- CVE-2018-17974: An issue was discovered in Tcpreplay 4.3.0 beta1. A heap-based buffer over-read was triggered in the function dlt_en10mb_encode() of the file plugins/dlt_en10mb/en10mb.c, due to inappropriate values in the function memmove(). The length (pktlen + ctx -> l2len) can be larger than source value (packet + ctx->l2len) because the function fails to ensure the length of a packet is valid. This leads to Denial of Service.
- CVE-2018-20552: Tcpreplay before 4.3.1 has a heap-based buffer over-read in packet2tree in tree.c.
- CVE-2018-18407: A heap-based buffer over-read was discovered in the tcpreplay-edit binary of Tcpreplay 4.3.0 beta1, during the incremental checksum operation. The issue gets triggered in the function csum_replace4() in incremental_checksum.h, causing a denial of service.
- CVE-2018-17582: Tcpreplay v4.3.0 beta1 contains a heap-based buffer over-read. The get_next_packet() function in the send_packets.c file uses the memcpy() function unsafely to copy sequences from the source buffer pktdata to the destination (*prev_packet)->pktdata. This will result in a Denial of Service (DoS) and potentially Information Exposure when the application attempts to process a file.
- CVE-2018-18408: A use-after-free was discovered in the tcpbridge binary of Tcpreplay 4.3.0 beta1. The issue gets triggered in the function post_args() at tcpbridge.c, causing a denial of service or possibly unspecified other impact.