8 issues skipped by the security teams:
- CVE-2018-10963: The TIFFWriteDirectorySec() function in tif_dirwrite.c in LibTIFF through 4.0.9 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (assertion failure and application crash) via a crafted file, a different vulnerability than CVE-2017-13726.
- CVE-2017-11613: In LibTIFF 4.0.8, there is a denial of service vulnerability in the TIFFOpen function. A crafted input will lead to a denial of service attack. During the TIFFOpen process, td_imagelength is not checked. The value of td_imagelength can be directly controlled by an input file. In the ChopUpSingleUncompressedStrip function, the _TIFFCheckMalloc function is called based on td_imagelength. If we set the value of td_imagelength close to the amount of system memory, it will hang the system or trigger the OOM killer.
- CVE-2018-7456: A NULL Pointer Dereference occurs in the function TIFFPrintDirectory in tif_print.c in LibTIFF 4.0.9 when using the tiffinfo tool to print crafted TIFF information, a different vulnerability than CVE-2017-18013. (This affects an earlier part of the TIFFPrintDirectory function that was not addressed by the CVE-2017-18013 patch.)
- CVE-2017-17942: In LibTIFF 4.0.9, there is a heap-based buffer over-read in the function PackBitsEncode in tif_packbits.c.
- CVE-2018-5784: In LibTIFF 4.0.9, there is an uncontrolled resource consumption in the TIFFSetDirectory function of tif_dir.c. Remote attackers could leverage this vulnerability to cause a denial of service via a crafted tif file. This occurs because the declared number of directory entries is not validated against the actual number of directory entries.
- CVE-2018-12900: Heap-based buffer overflow in the cpSeparateBufToContigBuf function in tiffcp.c in LibTIFF 4.0.9 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (crash) or possibly have unspecified other impact via a crafted TIFF file.
- CVE-2018-8905: In LibTIFF 4.0.9, a heap-based buffer overflow occurs in the function LZWDecodeCompat in tif_lzw.c via a crafted TIFF file, as demonstrated by tiff2ps.
- CVE-2018-5360: LibTIFF before 4.0.6 mishandles the reading of TIFF files, as demonstrated by a heap-based buffer over-read in the ReadTIFFImage function in coders/tiff.c in GraphicsMagick 1.3.27.